I’m working on a english question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
Choose one of the three research topics below:
- Population Growth and Natural Resources
- Poverty and Health
- Undocumented Minors
- You will need to specify your topic further to create your thesis statement and facilitate your research. The topics, as they appear, are too broad. For example, if an assigned topic is linguistic discrimination, I could further specify it (as you’ll see in the sample) to address the effects of linguistic discrimination of African American English.
- Based on your topic, find two sources, one scholarly and one popular, that you will use to inform your outline and create your citations.
- Create a tentative outline for a ‘would-be’ paper. NOTE: you are not writing the essay/paper. The outline requirements are:
- No fewer than three body paragraphs, for a total of 5 paragraphs.
- Fully grammatical sentences for the thesis statement and topic sentences
- Supporting details may be phrases (see the sample)
- In-text citations for at least two supporting details.
- A Works Cited with two full citations for your two required sources
- Your outline DOES NOT need to specify:
- a hook in the introduction
- connecting sentences in the introduction
- minor details in the body paragraphs
- any of the elements of a conclusion