A lab experience within a course is an opportunity to participate in experimentation, observation, or practice in a field of study. In this course, you will participate in two labs, the first in Week 2 and the second in Week 5.
This week, you will complete two astronomy activities focusing on these questions:
- Why does Earth experience seasons?
- Why does the moon go through phases?
By Day 7
- Review Chapter 2, Earth in Space, in the course text. Pay particular attention to Section 2.5, Earth, the Sun, and the Seasons.
- Download the worksheet Astronomy Lab Report located in this weeks Learning Resources.
- Save the worksheet to your computer.
- Follow the instructions on the worksheet as you complete the interactive activities, record your observations, and determine your analyses.
In order to receive full credit, all assignments are due on time. Should you encounter an unanticipated and uncontrollable life event that may prevent you from meeting an assignment deadline, contact the Instructor immediately to request an extension. Your Instructors contact information is in the Instructor area. For a full description of the late policy, please refer to the Policies on Late Assignments section of your Syllabus.