Determining when to develop a system in-house or to purchase a COTS system is not always clear. A SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis brings the strengths and opportunities to a focus point and highlights the threats and weaknesses so an informed decision can be made. This analysis is often completed by the stakeholders, including the business analyst.
Perform a SWOT analysis of buy versus build for your chosen system. You may use any Microsoft® program to create the SWOT analysis.
Use your SWOT analysis to create a guide for managers at Phoenix Fine Electronics to help determine if the business should build or buy a system. Incorporate feedback from the sourcing plan you created last week. As a guideline, this type of guide should be at least 6 pages in length with written descriptions, charts, and outlines.
- Your guide should do the following:
- List various steps needed to purchase or develop a system in-house
- Discuss budget considerations
- Discuss staffing considerations
- Discuss time considerations
- Identify risks
- Contain a maintenance plan
- Contain at least two references
- Contain charts or outlines
Submit your assignment.