Prior to reading this DQ, please read the below assignment and understand what the assignment is asking you to complete. Once you have an understanding of the assignment, please continue to the paragraph below to complete DQ1.
Using the Library Information Resource Network (LIRN), JSTOR, or any other electronic journal database, research eight (8) peer-reviewed articles that can be used to answer your upcoming assignment. Your discussion should summarize the articles in such a way that it can justify any arguments you may present in your assignment and should be different from the abstract. In addition to your researched peer-reviewed article, you must include an example of the article researched as it is applied by industry (company, business entity, and so forth).
Do these in order:
- In correct APA format, write the Reference of the article.
- Clearly state what the article is about and its purpose.
- Describe how you will use it in your upcoming assignment.
- Repeat for a total of eight (8) peer-reviewed sources.
Todays challenge is what to do with all of the data that has been created as a result of the Internet. The field of data science is trying to store, manage, classify and provide meaningful access to it. Think like a futurist. Create a report on where the field is going. Some points you might want to include are:
- What is Big Data?
- Why is it important?
- Where does Big Data come from?
- What do you believe the future of Big Data will be?
- Will it lose its popularity to something else?
- If so, what will it be?
- What is Big Data analytics? How does it differ from regular analytics?
- What are the critical success factors for Big Data analytics?
- What are the big challenges that one should be mindful of when considering implementation of Big Data analytics?
- What are the common business problems addressed by Big Data analytics?
- In the era of Big Data, are we about to witness the end of data warehousing? Why?
- What are the use cases for Big Data/Hadoop and data warehousing/RDBMS?
- What is stream analytics?
- How does it differ from regular analytics?
- What are the major uses of IoT?
- Why is the IoT considered a disruptive technology?
- The IoT has a growing impact on business and e-commerce. Find evidence.