Cloud Computing Services Recommendation Paper
Please develop a recommendation in the form of a memo to acquire outsourcing services for the purposes of having a totally external IT operation for one of the companies provided below. Identify the needs of the company based on the scenario to select the appropriate cloud service (PaaS, IaaS, or Identity as a Service). The memo should include the following: define the scope of the problem, review of the cloud provider, estimated cost, describe the services to be provided, and explain the justification.Paper Requirements:
- Select a valid cloud vendor
- Specify which scenario you are addressing by naming the business from the scenario in your paper.
- Paper length: 2 3 pages
- Minimum References: 3
Select from one of the following scenarios and research a cloud platform to address its needs. The solution must be of the following: PaaS, IaaS, or Identity as a Service
- Stark Accounting Inc. Stark Accounting plans to merge with another company, DGT Inc. As a part of the planning process, Stark wants to identify an appropriate method to provide authentication for both companies during the merge. They both currently use Active Directory (SAML). They are open to a Federated system or moving to a new shared authentication method as long as it does not require centralized hardware in either location.
- Emerald Consulting LLC Emerald Consulting has 5 massive data centers which has a high cost to the IT operations budget. The CTO of the company has mandated a 25% reduction in cost over the next year. As the director of IT, you are required to identify possible solutions to present to the executives showing options to reduces the cost associated with the data centers. Also, the company expects to expand globally which may create more stress on the IT budget.
- JML DevOps Inc. JML is working on a major project with limited funding. The project requires the build on new servers for their developers to create, design, and deploy a new web application. JML does not have any server administrators available to work on the hardware infrastructure which leaves the developers in a critical bind. The project will also need storage for its content as the application will collect over 10Gb of data daily. Although, the project has limited funds, if a solution is found to complete the project in a timely fashion without pulling from the server admins, they are open to additional funding for the project.