Project Management Presentation
For this assignment, you will demonstrate your knowledge of the role of project management in information systems and why it is such an important component.Imagine you are currently working in an information systems field at a small company in which projects have been typically managed by the senior employee working on them without any real plan or specific direction, and each employee has a very different style of management (or lack thereof). The company has recently considered improving in this area and might even consider hiring a project manager or adopting some kind of software or process for managing the project it takes on. There is obviously a need for change, but not everyone is on board. In an effort to help everyone see the value of project management improvements, you have been asked to create a presentation on why the company might need a more formalized process for project management. You will need to explain what project management really and why it is such a significant part of information systems work. You will also need to make some recommendations on what types of project management strategies the company might want to adopt.
Your presentation should include:
- 8-10 slides.
- A title slide (not included in the required number of slides).
- A reference slide (not included in the required number of slides).
- Three examples of some of the pitfalls that occur in projects when there is no project management.
- Three examples of how project management can prevent pitfalls when there is no project management.
- Three examples of how using project management can benefit the creation of an information system.
- A detailed list of at least three recommendations for project management tools or strategies the company should adopt and an explanation of why those were chosen.
- Use the Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to find at least three academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites are not considered quality references.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Explain how project management is used to enhance productivity and optimize an organizations resources.