The Federal Reserve (Fed) exerts considerable control over the money supply. In your paper:
- Identify the tools the Fed uses to control the money supply (traditionally there have been 3 tools but see this article (Links to an external site.) for a discussion of a new, fourth tool).
- Discuss how those tools can be used to control the money supply.
- Identify the tool the Fed uses most often and explain why the Fed seldom uses the other two.
- Discuss the most recent actions by the Fed.
- Evaluate those actions in terms of how they might affect your career decisions. For example, would the Fed actions make it better or worse to seek a bomb change or to leave the workforce and return to school, etc).
Adhere to the following standards:
- Your paper should be 3-4 pages in length, not including the title or references pages.
- Include at least 3 scholarly reference.
- The Economics Library Guide (Links to an external site.) is a good tool to use to start your research (sources such as The Balance, EconomicsHelp.org, Investopedia, and other help websites are not acceptable).
- Your paper should conform to APA guidelines in the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.).