IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS. NO PLAGIARISM! NO QUOTES, MUST PARAPHRASE. I WILL CHECK FOR RECYCLED WORK AND PLAGIARISM. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE 05/19/22 AT 9PM PST. IF YOU CANT MEET THIS DEADLINE, DONT AGREE TO DO MY ASSIGNMENT. PRICE ISNT NEGOTIABLE. PLEASE UNDERSTAND BY ACCEPTING TO DO MY WORK, I HAVE STRICT RULES. I DONT LIKE TO DISPUTE, BUT I WILL IF DIRECTIONS ARENT BEING FOLLOWED. IF I SEE SOMETHING WRONG AFTER PURCHASING, I WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO FIX IT IMMEDIATELY. THIS DOESNT MEAN HOURS LATER. IF YOU TURN SOMETHING INTO ME EARLY, I EXPECT YOU TO FIX MY ASSIGNMENT IMMEDIATELY. DONT LIE TO ME, IF THESE RULES ARENT FOLLOWED, I WILL DISPUTE
- Bergner, A., & Thompson, M. (2013). The new economics of health care benefits. Financial Executive, 29(2), 29-32. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
- Baicker, K., Congdon, W. J., & Mullainathan, S. (2012). Health insurance coverage and take-up: Lessons from behavioral economics. Milbank Quarterly, 90(1), 107-134. doi:10.1111/j.1468-0009.2011.00656.x. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
- Haws, K. L., & Winterich, K. (2013). When value trumps health in a supersized world. Journal of Marketing, 77(3), 48-64. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
- Porter, M. E., & Lee, T. H. (2013). The strategy that will fix health care. Harvard Business Review 91(10), 50-70. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
- Porters work is notable in many health care management circles. Here, he proposes ways to improve health care and the strategy used going forward.
- In the present paradigm, it has become evident that operational leaders and strategic leaders in health care must be able to appraise how economics impacts health care in the United States. Furthermore, it is critical successful leaders to possess an understanding of the variables and nuances that shape how supply and demand in this heavily regulated industry so they may observe trends and opportunities that lead to a functional organizational system.Imagine that you are a manager running a unit in a rehabilitation center. Up to this point, your primary population of payers has been elderly patients who come into the center for physical therapy. Recently, there has been a demographic shift in the community. A large number of your primary population has moved out of the area or died, which has caused a shift in your revenues. You have been tasked by your director to illustrate the cost and revenue numbers relative to insurance payouts to ensure that your cost does not exceed your revenue. Drawing on your current professional expertise and understanding drawn from the required resources for this week, create an initial post in which you communicate how the potential payer mix relates economically to changing demographics in your given community. What potential solutions would you suggest to your director that might overcome the demographic shift? Analyze economic theories that are germane to your provision of services and identify one theory that might apply to this specific situation.