- Watch: Brittany Packnett (2019) TED How to Build Your Confidence-and Spark it In Others. https://www.ted.com/talks/brittany_packnett_how_to_build_your_confidence_and_spark_it_in_others?language=en.
Consider the role of confidence in your life and specifically in your internship performance and job search.
- Then, watch: Cox, Elizabeth (2018) Ted-ED What Is Imposter Syndrome and How Can You Combat it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUxL4Jm1Lo.
Consider challenges to your confidence and the existence of imposter syndrome.
- Finally, review the list of resources at the bottom of this assignment and choose at least one additional resource to examine.
Answer the following questions in your journal assignment. Please integrate two of the assigned sources into your response, using APA format.
- How has confidence (having it or needing it) impacted your internship performance?
- How does confidence impact our job search and then our ability to perform at work and grow our career? What things might test our confidence in the job search or employment space?
- What things are you confident about when it comes to your employment search? Where could you use more confidence?
- What strategies might you use to build your employment confidence?
- Your journal should be approximately 300-350 words in length and should address each question in the assignment directions.
- Please integrate two sources into your response and cite appropriately, using APA.
- Please refer to the rubric associated with this assignment for detailed guidance about expectations and grading.
- Please submit this assignment through D2L by the date and time indicated on your syllabus.
Required Sources (to be integrated into journal response):
- Article: Johnson, Candia. 3 Things Youre Getting Wrong About Confidence. (August 26, 2018). Black Enterprise. https://www.blackenterprise.com/wrong-confidence/
- Article: Zive, Ruth. 9 Ways to Boost Your Confidence at Work. (2020). The Muse. https://www.themuse.com/advice/9-ways-to-boost-your-confidence-at-work
- Read: Parnes, Rachel. Why Self-Doubt May Be Sabotaging Your Career. (2019). LinkedIn Learning Blog. https://www.linkedin.com/business/learning/blog/career-success-tips/why-self-doubt-may-be-sabotaging-your-career
- Watch: Ted-Ed (2014) 3 Tips to Boost Your Confidence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_NYrWqUR40&t=9s