Prepare a Brief: Healthcare Delivery
Identify and describe a healthcare delivery organization or hospital close to you or for which you have a special interest. Review its annual report online and compile a brief that responds to each of the elements listed below:
- Name, address, Web address, organization type, and method of care delivery (out-patient, in-patient, etc.)
- The organizations mission statement
- Who owns the organization?
- What type(s) of facility/organization is it designated (for profit, not for profit, etc.)
- How many patients are served monthly? How many beds are staffed vs. licensed for?
- What is the maximum patient load/occupancy rate daily?
- What are the major departments?
- What services does it offer?
- Does it offer charity care? If so, what are the standards used to determine who receives care?
- Does it receive any local, state, or federal subsidies?
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your initial posting should be addressed at 300-500 words. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.